The technical product manager is responsible for defining technical product requirements and packaging features into product releases in support of the product strategy under the direction of the Product Line Manager for their assigned product line. This position involves close interaction with Agile teams including development leads, systems engineers and solution architects. A strong technical background is required. Job duties include defining user personas and technical product requirements, maintaining the product roadmap, grooming product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product project including the maintenance of the portfolio status dashboard.
What You Will Do...
- Interface with and support software development/Agile teams for 1-3 products/components
- Define technical product requirements, user personas and use scenarios
- Maintain product/portfolio roadmap & groom backlog
- Monitor industry innovations and conduct technology assessments
- Maintain status dashboard for assigned products
Degree in a related field of study and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.